A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Upcycled Challenge: Newspaper to planter pots #freefromtrash

Ok so apparently I am an idiot when it comes to paper crafts.  I have tried twice to make these "fancy" origami newspaper planting pots (just google it for tons of picts and tutorials) and have failed both times.  Now I'll admit that I have a tad of a lack of attention to detail when it comes to crafting.  I have considered naming myself the " Good Enough" Crafter.  The last step of all these tutorials says just pop open your pot and fold down the sides.  Well mine doesn't POP open. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  So I'll resort to the "good enough" method:

Take a sheet of newspaper.
Cut in half top to bottom.
Fold in half left to right.  This will make the beginnings of two containers.
Roll one strip around a baby food container
Squish up bottom. Remove glass container.
Fill and plant.

I think it came out pretty cute for starting seeds or rooting cuttings. And bonus you can plant it right in the ground.
 

 

 






This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Last year, we started our seeds in egg cartons with thinking we could just cut the egg carton apart and plant it directly in the ground. Unfortunately, the plants quickly outgrew the tiny space. We had to plant them outside too soon and none of them survived.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...