A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Upcycled Challenge: Magazine to Paper beads #freefromtrash

This type of craft has been around forever and is so easy and the results are really neat.  My really good friend just started making bead bracelets and I was inspired by her to start making my own beads.  Maybe I can make a cute piece of jewelry with these.

Materials:
Magazine pages with interesting graphics/colors
scissors
glue stick
mod-podge (optional)

Cut triangles from the magazine page about 1/2 inch at the widest part and tapering to a fine point.  I cut my triangles going across the width of the magazine (about 8 inches long or so).  Apply glue to the back side of the triangle and start rolling a very fine tube starting at the wide end.  Continue rolling up the whole triangle and make sure the very end is secured well with glue.  Mod-podge for a long-lasting bead.

This is what I started with. It was a full page ad that looked like burning embers.
 And this is what they become.  This is a very close-up. The beads are about 1/2 inch long



This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...