A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Upcycled Challenge: Coffee cup as circle template #freefromtrash

I was all set to skip coffee cup because i just couldn't think of anything creative to do with them.  My husband brought home two from the kitchenette at his work (yes, dirty) and I while I was working on another challenge project, it hit me.  If I cut the bottom out of the cup, it can serve and a see-through circle template for cutting out little pictures or whatnot for scrapping etc.  I always just grab whatever circle thing I have that is the approximate size to use as a template, but if you can't see through it, it can be a tad tricky to get the image centered.  Here I used a paint bottle. ugh - off center
So I cut the bottom out of the coffee cup and now - perfectly centered circle.  You could also use a toilet paper tube or paper towel tube, depending on what sort of diameter you need. It may not be fancy but it does the job!
This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...