A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cap'n Crunch "Rice Krispie" Treats






I don't eat sugary cereal.  I was raised on cheerios and oat bran.  But sometimes you just need a little bit of fun in your life.  So while I was thinking of dessert ideas for the boys' upcoming 1st birthday party, I ran across Trix rice krispie treats on Pinterest.  I thought they looked interesting and they reminded me of the dot pattern in the front of the Very Hungry Caterpillar Book...something like this...
photo courtesy of Cravings of a Lunatic
Eric Carle's Dots

















 I was intrigued.  I thought maybe I could make the treats and then use a butterfly cookie cutter to make them into butterfly treats.  I decided I needed a test run of the recipe (of course i do!) and for some reason the name TRIX escaped me when I ran to the store but I DID find Cap'n Crunch ALL Berries.  I decided they fit the bill - round, colored, sugary.  They'll do.  I also modified the recipe found at Cravings of a Lunatic as follows for an 8x8 pan of very thick treats.







1 bag (450ish grams) marshmallows
5 cups Cap'n Crunch All berries cereal
1/4 cup butter

Put butter and marshmallows in a bowl.  Microwave 1 minute and stir.  Microwave another minute and stir to make sure all butter is melted.  Add in 5 cups cereal and mix to coat well.  Spray an 8x8 pan generously with pan spray and also spray the back of a spatula or spoon.  Dump cereal into pan and flatten with spatula.  Refrigerate until solidified.

Here is the finished product.  It was pretty tasty, I'll have to admit, and very sweet.  ALMOST too sweet.  And a lot of the marshmallow ended up at the bottom, probably because the mixture was a bit too warm when I put it in the pan.  These are obviously too thick for cookie cutter-ing so the next batch will be in a 9x13 pan. I am also feeling like they are missing some yellow so might have to throw in some Kicks or use the Trix or mix everything together!!  What do you think??

Permission was granted to use individual photos from other websites. 
Thanks to Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic!!
All other photos are property of www.experimentmom.blogspot.com. Please contact me at jenniferlgardner1@gmail.com for permission to use.



3 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...