A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Upcycled Challenge: Junk Mail to Notepad #freefromtrash

It's likely that even if you have converted all your bills to paperless and opted out of paper statements etc you still get a ton of junk mail.  I kept noticing how much white space there is in most junk mail (backs of letters, the envelopes etc) so I thought it would be neat to make a note pad.  Luckily I also received this cute card stock calendar from one of the cloth diaper shops I bought from recently so I thought this would make a cute and functional cover for the notepad.  Start by collecting your junk mail and scoping out all the white space.  Depending on how big you want your notes (I opted for a small square like a post-it note size) make a small template and cut out the white space of your junk mail.  Then just stack and place inside your cover (if you are using one) and staple together.  When they are exhausted, just take out the staples and refill!  Great idea to keep in the glove box of your car, in your pocketbook or around the house.  You never know when you'll need to jot something down!!








This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post. 

1 comment:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...