A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Upcycled Challenge: Lids to Checkers #freefromtrash

These came out pretty neat, if I do say so myself.  Basically I want to make a game of checkers for our friend's older kids to be able to play outside. I was inspired by this cool post by Rebecca at Simple As That (the Blog) about her kids making sidewalk checkers pieces from baby food jar caps.  So, for all the game pieces you need 24 caps and unfortunately I only have about 12 so far (because I have been using the baby food jars and their caps for so many crafts lately!!) so I thought I would just make a representative piece for the black and red sides to post today.  Take a look at how they turned out:




So I just spray painted the caps inside and out and then cut the crowns from felt and glued on the inside of the caps.  I painted the white dots using the end of a wood skewer.  I can't wait to be able to make all the pieces!  What do you think??

This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post. 

1 comment:

  1. OK this is cute! How many of these suckers do I throw out every week?? Great idea - I'll be making some of these up next weekend ~ Thanks for stopping by my blog - www.eatloveinspire.blogspot.com
    and for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...