A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Feathered Friday

Today the boys are helping me identify some of the birds that we've seen recently with my new fancy Peterson Field Guide to Birds of Western North America.  This hooded oriole has been very elusive the past few days but I finally caught him this morning. I hope I can get some better pictures of him in the coming weeks.  The Western Tananger we saw in the Oso Creek Trail path (not far from our house) last weekend and my understanding is that they are migrating.  Such a pretty bird.  My wish list to see/photograph include the Calliope and Allen's hummingbirds (we have them but they are so quick!) and the lazuli bunting.  They are apparently pretty common around here so I am sure we'll see them before long.
Jack says "I'm pretty sure it's a house finch, Ma."


Definitely a hooded oriole
hooded oriole


house finch
western tananger


No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...