A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

My first real scrapbook page

Happy Spring!  That is the theme of my first ever, created from scratch, scrapbook page.  I received the most beautiful Scrapbook with about 20 pages created by a friend of the family when I had my twin sons in August 2011.  All I had to do was add photos, which I thought was the most thoughtful present.  Only now (8 months later) have I been able to sit down and actually do that.  I was invited to go to a Crop session with some friends at a local scrapbooking store.  We were there for 6 hours!!  It was so much fun and having the run of the store was really neat. I was hooked.  So I thought, well, I better start getting creative and do my own pages, from scratch. Now I'll admit that even being a "creative" person, I have always felt overwhelmed by scrapbooking. SO many options!!!  And then I thought, with Earth Day here and all, that I could probably use what I have around the house (along with my meager stash of stickers, papers and embellishments) to create a cute page.  So here is what I came up with:
I thought it came out pretty cute.  I used a couple of easter cards the boys received to create the flower and circle details - upcycling!!!  Here is one of the cards that I used. I can't wait to get started on my next page!



No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...