A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Kid TV - Why I am addicted to Dinosaur Train

Oh man.  This post is a stretch as far as content but i just need to get it out there. I L-O-V-E Dinosaur Train.  It's on PBS and it is so cute.  Basically (for those who don't watch kids programming 24-7) it is about a Pteranodon family who "adopts" a baby T-Rex named Buddy when he hatches in their nest. The family has 3 pteranodon kids, Tiny, Shiny and Don. They live in the Cretaceous time period and there is a "Dinosaur Train" that runs between time periods through time tunnels to allow dinosaurs (and Pterosaurs and other creatures) to visit one another.  Now, except for the scientific inaccuracies of all these dinosaurs living together in harmony and suspending your disbelief over the train part (oh yeah and that dinosaurs spoke, and in English) this is actually a very fun learning tool.  The dinosaur kids, especially Buddy, are obsessed with testing hypotheses about why certain dinosaurs have certain features.  They compare and contrast features like teeth, finger and toe number, horns, neck length etc.  Each show they take the dinosaur train to visit a new species and learn about them and their habitat.  The 2010 season was neat because it introduced the underwater stations and an Aqua car so that the family could visit sea creatures.  I really like the sense of humor of the show, the catchy tunes, and also learning about dinosaurs.  I'd have to admit that I know very little about dinosaurs but after every segment "Dr. Scott, the Paleontologist", a real paleontologist, gives the viewers more info about the creature that family just met.  I have a little crush on Dr. Scott.  He isn't cute but he is the only one that talks science to me at all anymore.  Pathetic I know. LOL.  My boys are 8 months old so they don't really get it and aren't enthralled by it but that doesn't matter to me right now.  It's educational and entertaining and that's about all I can ask for in a kid's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...