A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mod Podge Thumbtacks




When I was tacking up some of the holiday cards to my new holiday card displays that I made in the last post, I realized how boring my thumbtacks are. After a quick (and really, unnecessary) google search, I decided to use modge podge to decorate a bunch of my thumbtacks.  I got out my large hole punch and started ripping up a couple of my Real Simple magazines that were hanging around, looking for interesting shapes and patterns as well as christmas/holiday images.  I also ended up using Joanne's Fabrics and Michael's Crafts circulars. Once I had a few dozen circles (sorted by theme, in a mini muffin tin), I arranged the tacks on a piece of cardboard. I then dabbed a bit of mod podge to the tack, stuck on the circle and brushed a few more layers of mod podge (with my fingers) over the tack to coat.  The result: cute thumbtacks for cheap!!


select image

select image

circle punch

align image in punch

Punch

sorted by theme







This craft was shared with:
Whip It Up Wednesday
The Well Crafted Home
Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby



1 comment:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...