A journal

Thanks for visiting me at Experiment MOM (Mother of Multiples). My digital Scrap for Hire business, ScraPicts, is coming soon so please check back with me again or Click the Follow Me button on lefthand side of my blog.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Kids' Room Jungle Decor - Update

So I have been working on the kids' room for a couple of months now and I thought this was a good time to give an update. We decided on a Jungle theme as I already had some crib sheets in the Zoo Menagerie pattern that I made before the kids were born.  You'll recall from my Inspiration Board post that I had assembled a few ideas for adding some mix and match giraffe and elephants to the room.  So here is what we have done so far.

Walls: My mother-in-law gave us these really cute wall decals called Jungle Adventure from RoomMates that we absolutely love. In fact, we loved them so much we shared some picts of the decorated room and they wrote a very cute blog post about our nursery. I'd like to thank Nicole at RoomMates for the awesome articles that you can find here.  (PS Full disclosure: I was awarded a small gift certificate to use in a later purchase for submitting pictures of the room but I wasn't given any of the products by the company to test out or give my opinions about beforehand.)  They are so easy to use, repositionable, reusable and Made in the USA in York PA as well as being very affordable.  Here are some picts of how we used the various animals....
Here you'll see my decorated wooden letters (purchased from Michaels) that I then painted navy and Mod Podged cutouts from the Zoo Menagerie fabric to each letter. The letters are hanging on the wall with command hook poster tabs. Here is a close up of the letter Y.


 You'll also notice that I bought two of the Etsy art pieces of the elephants on the navy chevrons and mounted them with double sided tape to canvases and hung them up over the changing table.
Cheeky Monkey




The green lanterns that you'll recall that I used for the Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday have been repurposed and decorated with fabric cutouts of navy elephants. They are hanging by fishing line on command hooks from the shelf.  You can see here as well that the RoomMates can also be used on furniture (see that alligator on top of the bookshelf?)


Here are the adorable Growth Charts and Matching 8x10 print from Eric Sturtevant adorning the entry of the room.  We decided to get the Growth charts laminated (at Kinkos for like 4$ each) because we knew the kids would just pick at them and destroy them otherwise.  They are hanging my command hook poster tabs.

Furniture and lighting:
We haven't changed much in terms of furniture although I did reupholster the two miniature rocking chairs that I got from my paternal grandparents in a green chevron material.


We also added this very cute Barnslig Ringdans rug and the Skojig Pendant Lamp (plug-in) from Ikea.  At some point I think I'll get the matching table lamp now that we are not using the changing table as a changing table any longer and maybe even some of the Barnslig sheets and duvet covers in the chartreuse color.

Curtains - work in progress
I started making some curtains for the big window but I haven't hemmed them up yet.  Here is what they will look like eventually.

The next big thing other than finishing up the curtains is to decorate the very plain sliding closets doors.  RoomMates is coming out with a large scale tall giraffe and tree branch with toucan (seen here in their 2013 sneak peeks blog post) which I think will be awesome for decorating the large plain white closet doors


as well adding a peel and stick Wall clock if they come out with a kids version (or maybe I'll use this colorful one..)

SO that about sums it up. I am pretty happy with it so far and the kids love to do elephant, lion and snake noises.  Too adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...